Pilates is fantastic for a variety of reasons.
Here are just a few.
By looking at joint alignment and focussing on movement on a joint-level as well as looking at the way in which an individual moves from day to day, Pilates aims to rebalance the body. Pilates aims to give you awareness of your body, empowering you as an individual to make small, easy changes in your day to day life. This may require strengthening some muscles whilst releasing others. The nature of Pilates is small, controlled movements. The main focus of which is on the quality and precision of each movement, from the toes to the spine.
As a result, Pilates can -
- help to improve your posture
- help with back pain
- be a great, gentle and safe way to help get fit. It helps you to tone without increasing muscle bulk. We aim for long, strong, lean muscles
- help to improve balance and co-ordination
- rehabilitate injury as well as prevent injuries from re-occuring by focusing on weaknesses and imbalances within the body.
- be a safe way to keep active and prepare for pregnancy or to get back in to shape post-natally.
As a Body Control trained teacher, I adhere to a code of practise which requires regular Continual Professional Development.
Please note that class sizes are limited to a MAXIMUM of 12.